The Oakwood CUSD 76 Board of Education held their August meeting on Wednesday, August 15th at 5:30 pm. The board hosted a reception for new staff member directly before the regular board meeting.
The board took the following actions in the meeting:
- Hired Jeff Mandrell (HS PE / Head Boy's Basketball Coach), Peggy Barnes (HS Math), Marcy Nicoson (HS/JH Social Worker, Sr. Class Sponsor), John Odle (HS Asst. VB Coach), Jeff Ford (Asst. 5/6 Boy's Basketball Coach)
- Transferred $300,000 from the Working Cash Fund to the Building Fund
- Placed the FY '19 Budget on Display
- Hired the following long term subs: Lori Learnard (HS Spanish), Debbie Clow (HS Special Education), and Cathy Goodner (JH Special Ed Part Time)
- Conducted the first reading of new / updated policies
- Agreed to move forward with working with the Village of Oakwood to supply a School Resource Officer for the district.
The next board meeting will be held on September 19, 2018 at 5:30 pm in the Unit Office (Budget Hearing and then Regular meeting).