Board Synopsis - 9/16/20
Thursday, September 17, 2020
Budget Hearing Held - FY'21 Budget Approved
Board Meeting (Regular)
- Recognition of Guests - David Pistorius our Bond Agent from First Midstate will be presenting for the second time (1st was virtual a few months ago) to share the opportunity we have to re-purpose our current bonds as a cost savings in the future for our taxpayers. I recommend that we pursuit this as an action item later in the meeting.
- Approved Consent Agenda
- Reports (Superintendent) - Financial Cash Flow Information, Six Day Enrollment, Sign the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the OEA.
- OEA Report - Nothing Anticipated
- FOIA Requests - None
- Old Business Discussion - 2021-22 OHS Principal Vacancy Timeline/Process - We previously posted the position internally and will now post the position externally from Sept. 18 through Oct. 30th.
- Closed Session - Did not go into closed session.
- Consideration and Action Items - (1) Approved the employment of Debbie Clow at OHS as a long term sub for special education until we can secure a licensed sped teacher. (2) Approved the employment of Debbie Wells as 1.0 FTE to fill the Special Education Aide vacancy at Oakwood Junior High School beginning the 2020 - 21 school year on Step 1. (3) Adopted the "Selection of First Midstate Inc. as Underwriter/Placement Agent and Chapman and Cutler LLP as Bond/Disclosure Counsel to the Underwriter/Placement Agent with respect to the District's General Obligation Refunding School Bonds."
- Other Item(s)- Removed the intent to retire letter of Susan Baer at her request to the Board of Education that was previously submitted for the end of the 2021-22 school year.
- Next Meeting is Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 5:30 pm.
- Adjourn (Finance Committee meeting was held after the board meeting to discuss Unit Office Staff & Administrator Compensation.
- Board Liability & PRESS Policy Online: Second Meeting is coming up and we are 1/3 complete for our updated Online Board Policy Manual.
- School Maintenance Grant: ISBE has deposited 50K for the matching grant for lighting and ceiling work in the High School Science Labs and Family Consumer Science Lab.