The Oakwood CUSD 76 Board of Education met at 5:30 pm on May 15th for its regular monthly meeting. The Board took action on the following items:
1. Accepted resignations from: Austin Wenger (HS AP/AD), John Odel (HS Asst VB Coach), Jenn Staggs (GS Teacher), John Glosser (5/6th GBB Coach), Keia Fink (GS Teacher), Amy Baumeister (HS English Teacher) and Amanda Sperry (District Nurse).
2. The Board also accepted the following retirements: Larry Lappin (June 2021), Dorene Strebing (June 2022) and Linda Maden Biava (June 2022).
3. Approve increased lunch prices for 2019-2020.
4. Hire Lynn Anderson and Brenda Dowers as summer workers.
5. Approve Oakwood JH's membership in the IESA.
6. Hire Shelia Odle as Food Service / Purchasing Director beginning July 1, 2019.
7. Set Admin Salaries for 2019-2020.
8. Set Unit Office personnel salaries for 2019-2020.
9. Hired Brandy Toppe and Mary Baird as Special Education Teaching Assistant.
10. Hire Stephanie Dillman as an GS Teacher.
11. Approved the District Consolidated Plan.
12. Approved a MOU with the Oakwood Education Association.
The meeting adjourned at 7 pm. The next meeting is set for June 19, 2019 at 5:30 pm.