The Oakwood Unit 76 School District will provide the most effective education possible to maximize the learning potential of each student.
To educate each student in a safe learning environment, working in partnership with students, teachers, staff, parents, & community, towards a common goal of providing the students with tools to achieve academically, personally and socially in a diverse and changing world.
Governing Value Statements
- All children can learn.
- A safe and secure environment is essential for learning.
- Enriched educational opportunities and varied experiences help children learn to their potential.
- Technology and other media-related learning tools help stimulate learning for children.
- Open, honest communication is crucial for a quality school.
- High expectations help children reach their potential for academic and personal growth.
- Students will explore critical thinking skills to facilitate problem solving and adapting to change.
- As a community of life-long learners, we will strive to do our best to persevere and be responsible for our own destinies.
- Respect and responsibility are crucial to an effective learning environment.
- Learning about diversity in society helps students learn about other cultures.
- Open, honest communication combined with ethical behavior and integrity is central to the organization and fosters community trust.